Thursday, July 6, 2017

SNAKES in Argentina! June 21, 2017

  


 


Well hello my great family!! So this week was a good week in my eyes!! After pday it was Wednesday! We went and had our district meeting where I get the opportunity to capacitate about always having our mouths open and just talking to everyone that we see!! It all started with an activity where I put facturas (argentine doughnuts) all over the room and then put one on a plate in the middle! I had Elder Rahm come in and he could only see through a tube and had to only look at the one on the plate!! I said "you have 30 seconds to eat facturas, and if you get there before you can’t eat it and nor after" so he waited the 30 seconds and then went and ate it! I said “alright great that was really tasty and worth it right?” He said “yes” then I said “alright you can see normal now.” He saw there were facturas everywhere and I asked "well elder you had 30 seconds and you only ate one facture, when I specifically said "eat facturas" and there were way more everywhere what happened?" He said “well I was only concentrated on that one!” Everyone just had a little light bulb I’m sure all in different ways. I was trying to teach that when we are only concentrated on one appointment we’re missing so much on the outside and people that are ready, but we are too concentrated on getting directly to an appointment, so that was a really good capacitation!!
        Then we went back to our area the next morning!! On our way back we got a ride from a guy named Chikin which means small one. He drove us back in a really nice car and it was like what the heck who is this guy! I had my guitar and he asked me "do you play guitar" and I obviously told him yes. Then he said "you know what I love to sing personally." We told him oh that’s cool and all and that we went to a place where we sing karaoke every Tuesday and that he should come! He got super excited and then told us he would go and that if we were there he would buy us something so that was freaking cool. We got out of the car loving the guy and then said bye to him! That was the end of that or so I thought! As we were walking in the street in Nonogasta we saw a billboard and it had the president of Argentina Mackley and some other guy, that other guy sure looked familiar. I looked closer and I had to know him from somewhere. Below his picture I see the words, “Governor of La Rioja "Chikin" That was the weirdest thing ever! He must have been expecting us to know him or something and we had no clue and treated him totally normal! So that was something pretty funny for the week!
       So speaking of the work in the area, I won’t lie. It’s been kind of tough lately! We need to get our anex here in Nonogasta because literally there is no one that has enough money every Sunday to go to church anymore! That includes investigators, so every week we work our butts off and no one comes to church in the end. It’s always a little depressing when you have that happening every week! We should have that anex in about a month so until then we’re gonna get a ton of people knowing about it and hopefully when it starts we can get a ton of people to go to it!! We have an investigator named joanna who is right on the verge of getting baptized but we don’t believe that she is married that was the final commandment we haven’t taught yet so hopefully she’s married! If not we just have another step to go through with her!! Griselda still hasn’t gotten confirmed yet and we’re working with that it’s just hard because she has 2 sisters with physical disabilities and she has to always take care of them because her dad is always gone and just makes her do it rather than any other sibling, I think it’s because she comes to our church the dad makes her stay.
     The members here I freaking love, they are all so amazing like oh my gosh! Let me tell you guys this ward has more snakes than any other place that I have heard of! This sister named sister Aldana.... well actually there are three. First is Mariana who is the snakiest of them. Second is Claudia who is a return missionary as of like 4 weeks, and third is Christina who is 18 and has a 29 year-old boyfriend.  But for some reason flirts a CRAP ton with us every single time that we go ever there.  Another family, the family Limachi has 4 daughters and the little 6 year old is the littlest worm, which means snake but young that will grow into a snake. Well as it turns out I’ve been kissed more times than I can count by that little girl on the cheek, and somehow on the lips too. When that happened, we talked to her and told her she can’t do that, but she’s 6 so that changed absolutely nothing. Then there’s these girls that all live in one house who are 18, 19, and 22. They all just want a half white baby (name the movie) but they really just think that we are rich guys that walk around in suits all day so they might as well take advantage of that right. Finally, we have Eva, a girl that literally glares at me Gililland and Rahm as if she’s dreaming, then she like pushes us and just acts like a 14 year old girl that just wants love SO BAD. I can’t lie, none of these things are hard to resist, having a snake or snakes in the plural hasn’t really been all that hard here. And as of last night, Elder Rahm told me that one of the girls in the ward has a huge crush on one of the missionaries and it’s like bad. So we’ll have to find out who that is and I will keep you guys posted on that!!
    So now how am I personally?? Well I’m fantastic. The work may be hard and we’re not having a whole lot of success but we’re putting our part in and I wouldn’t want it any other way on my part. I’m feeling really good every day. We’ve been doing 2 cross fit workouts a day and they just KILL! I bought a 2 pound container of protein and more creatine. Haha sorry mom and celeste, but all that together like somewhat pushes me to eat better knowing that I’m trying to help myself out with protein and creatine!! Me and my companion are freaking great let me tell you we have been getting along so freaking well we have never fought nor really disagreed on anything so that is freaking awesome because that almost never happens in any companionship!! I feel like my Spanish has grown quite a bit in a year and I’m excited to see what more I can learn in the next year to come!!  Overall I’m loving the mission!! Summers goes home in 2 weeks so that’s kinda really sad but oh well it’s just how life is.
Alrighty my family, I love you guys and hope you all had a great week. I’ll talk to you all soon!!!!


Elder Andrew Indiana Jones






No comments:

Post a Comment