Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Singing in the Pension - April 18, 2017


MY FAMILY!!!
This week has been awesome! I freaking love the mission it is just so much fun here!! My new companion as you all know is Elder Rogerson and he is way cool!! He did theatre before the mission and sings super well so we’re always singing to my guitar in the pension!! He plays piano so that’s pretty dang fun we make duets a lot so ya, my house where I live I can say this with full confidence is the worst house and or apartment in the entire mission! 3 times this week a cat has come in the window and woken me up one time was really weird that I will have to tell you guys about when we skype. Look at that we’re all gonna be skyping really freaking soon!! That’s way exciting and holy crap I’m almost half was done with the mission..... that is absolutely absurd like what the heck is happening. Anyways I really love where I am this area has never been known for "baptisms" but were gonna change that! So the other day we were literally just hitting a brick wall with a young lady from Bolivia, It was kind of hard and I was honestly sad without any type of message to give her. I felt lost and alone in that moment that got maybe didn’t really help me in our proselyting. Then I remembered 2 Nephi 32:9. I said a prayer in my heart and asked that the spirit and the lord would guide me in what I would need to say that it would be what she needed to hear. I ended a small prayer in my heart and the words just left my mouth without even realizing it. "Liliana, we love you, the lord loves you and he knows your passing through a hard time, he’s waiting for you to turn to him?" She broke down crying and told us about so many problems and why she couldn’t or didn’t have the means to listen to us that much, it was so hard for her because she wanted to listen to us so bad. I just listened so intently to her voice and how she truly felt just....... loving her. when she finished with tears in her eyes I told her. "We feel alone, we feel abandoned, we feel like we have fallen down. But why do we fall? She looked up at me and asked why wanting to know so bad." so we can learn to pick ourselves back up again, and there’s always someone there to give you a hand, Christ". Turns out I ended that sentence with tears rolling down my face and the feeling of someone hugging me from the inside. I can say with no doubt the Lord is there. He leads his church and his servants, and I’m so proud that you this week took the opportunity to truly talk to him(: you are my example in those hard times when that wall just doesn’t seem to move, we just need his help. I’m crying now in cyber but hey I hope this helped your testimony a little bit today and I hope you always trust in him, Christ.
I’m SO HAPPY that my package is in the mission home you have no freaking idea. It’s been like years since I’ve gotten the package and I’m just SOO excited to have like a tiny bit of trunky time. Anyways today on pday haha funny story we literally went to go eat lunch where these super drunk guys always eat and we freaking ate food and then WE SANG KAREOKE hahaha we sang out hearts out it can’t really send here but we’re gonna send it from the church!! So that’s the week nothing super huge happened but ya you know how it is!! I love you guys so freaking much you guys have no idea and I hope you’re all so happy (:(: I’ll see you all very soon on skype so be excited for that!! anyways I’ll talk to you all soon!!(:

Elder Jones





No comments:

Post a Comment