Saturday, November 25, 2017

Getting Along with New Companion!

November 2017

Hello my family! Ihope you all are having a great week!! This last week was Halloween and for us that’s all. No one really celebrates it here. We have been working a lot in a little barrio called Los Olivos which is definitely a humble place! We are working with a bunch of people there trying more than anything to get them to church and its been quite tough! We go Sunday mornings and no one is ever awake or willing to go even though the whole week we hear "ya we’ll go.”

Elder Farrier is finally leaving me and its freaking sad for me): We have become quite good friends and I’ll miss him a freaking ton!! He is on his way to Universidad in La Rioja so that will be pretty fun for him literally dying in heat ha ha!! We’re excited for him to finally be leaving his first area after a long hard 6 months! And with me will be someone from MEXICO!  I have no idea who he is, but he’s from Mexico so I’m quite excited to have another mexican companion.  It will be a good time!!

Anyway not a lot to report this week lots of getting ready for Farrier to leave but we’ll have some sweet pictures this next week of me and the new comp!!

Chau,
Elder Jones






November 28
Hey fam!! How are all of you guys doing? I hope that all of you are great! This week has been a really good week with lots of good changes!! So, this last little while it’s been a little disobedient on our part not doing everything we could, and one point of the week.  I felt like I had hit the wall with it and I was pretty scared to talk to Elder Sanchez.  Apparently he had fought with companions before and I hate fighting!! So we sat down and basically had a 3 hour bro talk and we fixed it all! Yesterday was freaking GREAT and we whooped it waking up on time, doing exercises, working in the morning, eating lunch and going straight back out until 10:30 with tons of success! I also had a lot of personal things to sort out this week about who I want to become and who I want to be and if my actions were leading to that person or no.  I’m a very imperfect person so there’s a lot of room to improve and I’m excited to do that. Yesterday was Monday and we had a really good day. In the morning we went and we talked to a girl named Crystal she was really nice. We taught her about the restoration, she accepted what we had to say and said that she would pray about all of it!! Let’s hope so ha ha!  After teaching her, we went and had lunch with Hermano Cadelago, and he is a very interesting person. To be 100 percent honest, he’s crazy and he’s our ward mission leader. Cool guy, but crazy! Elder Sanchez is great. He’s so funny and we have a really good time working together!! He’s from Mexico and he reminds me a lot of Arreola. He’s just an all around good guy!! So after lunch we came back and we studied for like an hour and then went back out to go and talk to some ladies who were sadly not home. We went and talked to some other investigators and did some contacting and it was awesome. We found a lot of people to teach and invited all of them to the noche de hogar today!! We’re hoping that a lot of people go this Saturday!! I hope that a ton go and that they bring all of their friends!! We need new investigators always. Anyways fam this week has been good and I hope that all of you have been having a fabulous week as well!! Love all you guys and have a great week!!

Elder Jones



No comments:

Post a Comment