Thursday, September 14, 2017

A Chunk of My Heart - August 1, 2017




​​​HEYY MY FAMILYY!!!
So I know if been a little bit of a turd when it comes to writing the big group email. So I’m gonna go ahead and do that today!! This week has been a quite interesting week with lots of ups and downs. One of the ups would be my weight because dang you guys I feel like I’ve gained some weight here in this area like my gosh and we don’t even eat anything! But when we do it its almost always like a peice of chicken and then potatoes and carrots literally every single day.  That is something that when I started it sucked but now I love somehow and it will be hard to leave! So we shall start with Gabriel!!  Gabriel was our investigator progressing more than literally anyone. We was doing soooo good!! We would teach him something and he would respond to us and re-explain what we had taught, but in a better way than we taught it! He was doing great and the next lesson we were going to teach was going to be the​​ Book of Mormon and it was going to be freaking awesome so ya we were really excited for that!! We show up at his house to teach him all about with a Book of Mormon in hand!! He opens the door we go in and sit down and he goes,
“well guys I was actually talking to my parents the other day and well........ and then his mom walked in and me an Arreola both just knew that she was gonna shut us down. She first started talking about how all churches are one and that all churches lead to God. Then I followed that by asking well thats great so its ok if we teach your son, and oh my gosh she took that to the heaviest of offenses!! She told us no never ever to come back and that he would never go to church with us again.... that freakin was the saddest night of the entire week. We both just wanted to cry.  He was the best investigator we have ever had in this area. So that was a pretty sad day for the both of us!!  Then after the Lord was looking after us we went to the next house!! We went and just out of pure sadness and feeling let down we went and knocked on some doors! Well actually we only had to knock on one haha .  Two women came out (one for more than one reason), but luckily they were  both SUPER interested!! We taught about baptism and why we truly are baptized and what it means. They both truly had desires to get baptized!! So that was a good way end the day!!
Personally I’m doing really good in the mission with my testimony and all, lots of fine tuning through fine tuning repentance for the little things... I feel good can’t lie about that haha!!
     ME and Elder Arreola have become the absolute best of friends and I am really, really going to miss him. I love that guy like a brother. Mom and dad we need to goon another cruise to Cozumel so that I can see him when he finishes his mission because I need to go to his wedding!! And he most certainly needs to come to mine!! 

    Here in the argentine land of Nonogasta I have come to love it a lot! Nonogasta will always have a fat chunk of my heart. I’m not sure if I’ll be leaving it any time soon is the thing!! I lost my wallet the other week and that had my ID in it so I don’t know if I will be able to travel to Cordoba because you need your ID to go there!! Oh well what are you gonna do about that haha!! Well my family, I hope that this was worth reading. I’ll get another good one next week and every other week that follows so you have more to read!! Sorry for being inconsiderate about that, had to repent about that haha. Now I gotta change!! Alright my family I love you all so much Austin, Kaylee, Aiden, Mom and Dad. I love you guys and Dad I’m telling everyone about your promotion so that people think​ you’re awesome. 
Love, Elder Jones







No comments:

Post a Comment